Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Mini books & mags for dolls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I love the mini mags the AG Magazine prints in some of their issues. My dolls are of course voracious readers and need lots of books and magazines to keep them happy on rainy or cold days.

    Are there other magazines out there that print mini versions? Or magazines that have mini books you can cut & assemble?

    Eventually my dolls will have a magazine rack and a bookshelf. I'd like to fill it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Julia

  2. #2
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Most all of the last few years of American Girl magazine have come with a "mini mag" you can cut out and staple together for your doll. Also, I think sometimes the Today outfits will come with actual mini books (not magazines). I haven't ordered any new today clothes yet, so they may not do that anymore. Hope this helps a little! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, I have been cutting & assembling the little AG mini mags. THey're cute!

    I found a couple more. My French Julie magazines have mini items! =) I found a mini Summer Fashions catalog and two little mini journals to put together. They're from my 2002/2003 issues and are the same size as the AG mini mags.

    I don't know French but will eventually. My dd knows French so she reads the mag to me.

    Coconut's School Book has a mini school guide in it. It's on the big side for AG dolls but will look great in an AG magazine rack.

    I haven't gone through my old Discovery Girls magazines yet but I'm hoping they do some mini stuff.

    Julia

  4. #4
    Inactive Member DiscoDolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lisa Frank Co. has little blank books, like notebooks. They have cute pictures of animals on their covers. My daughters drew in them and wrote little stories, too. We use them for our dolls. I think these tiny books came with some other stuff in one of the little backpacks Lisa Frank sells. Maybe you could use these for your dolls, too.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My girls have every single AG mag and mini book ever put out since I started receiving the magazine in 1996. We also have a collection of mini books that I find in museum shops, thrift stores, bookstores, you get the idea. Some of my girls' favorites are the mini Meet books that come with the AG Mini dolls! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Julia, I brought back an older link about mini-newspapers that I thought you might like. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]


    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult.../f/2155/t/2803

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 31, 2005 05:12 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •